Monday 31 July 2017

By The River Piedra, I sat down and wept- Review

Hi readers!

I am fond of reading books particularly novels. Whenever I have free time, I grab a book recommended by my friends. My latest read was ‘By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept’ by Paulo Coelho. I read this book almost a month back and I liked it. I became Paulo Coelho’s fan after reading The Alchemist a few years ago.


This story is about a girl named Pillar who is a frustrated scholar and wants change in her life. After eleven years she meets her childhood friend and lover who has grown into a spiritual leader who knows miracles. Together they go through a journey and their love passes through many trials. Both of them help each other to change their philosophies on life.  You will learn about their journey and how folding and unfolding of events brought them closer.




Here are few of my favorite qoutes from the book:
“Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worst kind of suffering.”
“We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation.” 
“Happiness is something that multiplies when it is divided.”
“That is why I write - to try to turn sadness into longing, solitude into remembrance.”

This book is all about philosophy and love. This book is highly recommended!

35 comments:

  1. Looks like a interesting book, I like reading novels also. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These quotes that you pulled from the book are rather powerful. I will need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So inspiring quotes! I should get this book! I have a friendship planner of Paulo Coelho and I love the motivational quotes in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like a deep and interesting books, nice review! There aren't many great books nowadays hopefully this is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a great fan of Paulo Coelhos books. And have read a couple of them. Havent read this though. Seems I need to get one☺ Thank you for the review. And yes his quotes are just awesome always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lines quoted are great. I love the first quote. Would love to read one of the Paulo's books

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lines quoted are great. I love the first quote. Would love to read one of the Paulo's books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not a novel reader kinda person. But I understand why novels interest many. Thank you for sharing your review on this book. Love the quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Masha Allah this sounds like a really interesting read. I've heard good reviews on The Alchemist as well. I'll have to add them to my TBR list insha Allah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you are going to read it. Do tell me how did you find it?

      Delete
  10. This book sounds interesting. I have not read a novel in years. Maybe I should make time for one. #MuslimahBloggers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dont know in which book world I am in, but never heard of the author. The quites sound very deep especially the first ine. Will have to check it out soon! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not come across this book before. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love those quotes. I've only recently discovered Coelho's writing, and he is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like a book I would like. I have not read the Alchemist either so I have two to download and read!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoyed the Alchemist. I haven't read this, but having enjoyed your review it will be next on my list to read.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These quotes are really powerful, Would love to read this book soon. :) Loved your review !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such powerful words. I might just have to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those quotes are really inspiring! Sounds like a book I need to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are some powerful quotes, and many of us live them every day. It does sound like one of the to read ones.

    ReplyDelete
  21. nice quotes! i am pondering on this one especially: “Happiness is something that multiplies when it is divided.” =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The book does sound like it has a lot of depth in it. I like the notion of turning solitude into remembrance.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an interesting book. I like the quotes you shared. Thanks for giving us a review with out giving away the plot.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It sounds like a lovely book. The quotes are beautifully written. There's always something about books that Paulo has written that will change your perspective on things. I'd love to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have not read this book yet. It sounds interesting though! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I need to check this book out. I love to read books that can keep me interested and this seem like the book. I love it and I will have to look it up and get into it.

    ReplyDelete