Friday 11 August 2017

New Fashion Trends We Love and Hate



Let’s talk about few fashion trends which are loved in Pakistan and a few which failed to impress the masses. First, I am going to talk about the trends that are being liked by the people.

  • Tassel earrings:

The latest trend everyone is crushing on are tassel earrings. The dramatic shoulder duster style is the most eye catching one. Such flowing earrings look good with the high pony tail or a bun. Truly tassel is worth the hustle!

  • Bomber jackets:
Bomber jackets are back in fashion. Oversized bomber jackets are the most loved ones in 2017. Fresh silhouettes and carved names on the back are seen everywhere.


  • Stripes:

Stripes never go out of fashion. Stripes don’t have to be boring. This season try clashing colors and old print medleys. Whether a ramp, talk show or street style wardrobe, you see stripes everywhere.

  • Shalwars:
From a year now, shalwars are a favorite clothing choices of girls in summer. Shalwars come with different cuts and hues. Be it tulip shalwar, patiala shalwar or flowing cotton shalwars, all of them do give a classic look to your outfit.

Now let’s talk about the trends that failed to impress a lot of people.


  • Off-shoulder tops
Many celebrities are seen wearing off-shoulder tops in fashion shows, tea time shows and on their foreign trips, flaunting their skin. Frankly speaking, here in our country one cannot wear an off-shoulder top to university, work place or to the market. This is not very much acceptable in our society.


  • Metallics
Dresses injected with a lot of glitz and flashy stuff only look good on red carpets but not in everyday life. This is not immortal world of Rihanna where you can shine bright like a diamond.


  • Ladies sporting the man bun
Whenever I see a top bun on a girl’s head, first thought comes in mind that which guy decided to tie his long hair into a ball on top of his head 😅
Whoever he was, that was a ridiculous idea. Now ladies are going crazy over this hairdo.




These were solely my views. Do comment and let me know what do you think about these trends. 

30 comments:

  1. I agree with some of them but I do like the bun (just not on myself ;)) and don't like the earrings. Nice blogpost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the dress with the stripes its always been my favorite i cant wait to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the off the shoulder looks! It is so flattering and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do agree like you said about the off shoulder top, even in my country I first have to see in which crowd would it look normal rather than having creepy people ogling at me haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm obsessed with off the shoulder tops AND tassel earrings! I love stripes, but you have to be careful. The wrong kind of stripe can be really unflattering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Almost everything I own is either off the shoulder or has stripes on it. I've never met a striped top or dress that I didn't like :) I try not to focus on trends and more so on things that I think will look good on me and that I can wear 5+ years from now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love loooove tassel earings!!! They can create a flawless look out of any random outfit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like the tassel earrings, mostly because I have an eight month old you loves to grab things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some of these fashion trends are so nice! Especially the ones you said you liked.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a off the shoulder shirt. I think it fit me really well and I always get an off shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol I'm with you girl for the lady-man bun trend being weird. Commit to a full bun or don't do it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could pull off the off the shoulder tops, but alas... I cannot. So envious of everyone you can wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tassels and off shoulders are the best of the list. I don't like the man buns on myself, but some rock it really well..

    Gayathri @ Musings Over Nothing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love tassel earrings! I think they are just so pretty. That's a shame you don't like off the shoulder tops. I am a huge fan ahah. But yeah, man buns on girls... not a fan

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never quite got bomber jackets but do think that off the shoulder can be cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The tassel earrings are so cute! It is so interesting to see how cultural differences influence fashion. Off the shoulder tops are so popular in the US but I understand why it is not as trendy in your culture.

    ReplyDelete
  17. my favourites: stripes, bear shoulders and shalwars. i'll pass on the tassel earrings!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the tassel earrings!! And I do love metallic dresses, I've got one gold dress and one silver skirt. Though as you say, I never wore them once!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved the dress with the stripes and the off the shoulder top!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow I love the top bun and hate tassle earrings crazy how everyone's thoughts on trends can be so opposing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Not a big fan of the tassel earrings but the top bun could be interesting....not sure if i have enough hair though.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahaha My family hates my off the shoulder tops! I'm so not interested in the earrings, but I have broken some of your tips. Guess that makes me an anti-fashionista?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohh I love a few of these the tassle earring and bomber jacket trend but I'm so sick of the off-the-shoulder trend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My favorite here are the Bomber jackets. It gives a feel of power and sophistication.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I live in sweatpants and tee shirts... thanks for showing off new trends in fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  26. YAS the lady man bun!! Love this. All so true :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the striped dress and the over the shoulder top.

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow lovely outfits ,loved it !!

    ReplyDelete